Saturday, September 22, 2012

And then there were 4!

I have been really surprised only a handful of times in my life.  I'm a planner and pretty nosey so not much gets past me.  My 16th birthday was one big surprise to me but the biggest of my life would be finding out we are pregnant again!!! My first 3 were all planned pregnancies, thought through, thought about, and anxiously awaited so talk about a shock! We were not even sure what we thought about having 4 kids but were definitely planning on waiting another year or two to even consider it. Clearly God had something to say about it.  Before I got pregnant with Jack I started thinking I had 3 kids. I would get Eli and Callie out of the car and count for 3 kids and realize I only had 2. I know it sounds strange, and it was even stranger to have it happen.  But I believe God was preparing my heart to have another so quickly (Callie & Jack are 17 months apart).  Interestingly enough about a week before I found out I was pregnant again I was sitting in the kitchen with the kids playing on the floor and I started feeling like someone was missing.  It shocked me quite a bit and realized I was looking for my 4th child.  It shocked me and I disregarded it but what a joyous surprise! With Jack being 4 months old when I got pregnant it was a little overwhelming to realize I will have 3 of my 4 under 3 years old! Wow! Thank you Jesus that you trust me with so many little hearts!

So on July 6th, my mom's 60th birthday, I found out we were adding the 6th grandchild to the Gurian grandkids.  What a fun idea from the Lord!


Here is the little nugget at 11 1/2 weeks


Even though I know we are in for a crazy year next year I could not be more excited.  Each of our kids are so different, so unique, and so fun that I truly cannot wait to discover what this one will be like!

No comments:

Post a Comment