Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Eli...my man of God!

This is a story I wanted to remember and I so wish I had snapped a photo of this moment.  I have it clear in my mind. Me sitting on a folding chair in our garage with the door open and the beautiful fall weather outside.  I was holding Callie and Eli was playing around with all our "garage toys".  Those are the ones I don't want to get rid of but don't want to see everyday.  Anyway, Eli had started playing with a little metal rod from IKEA and he came over and hit me on the foot with it (it didn't really hurt).  After he hit me he said, "Oh, you hurt? I pray for you!  Jesus, heal him..."  Then he paused as if he was listening to God.  Then he said, "No pain...Is it better?" And he took off my shoe so we could see if it was still hurt.  I love that his imaginary role play often involved him working a miracle for someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment