Friday, September 24, 2010


   My little lovely...Callie Lake Wortman!  She was born 3 weeks ago (September 2nd, 2010) and I cannot believe she will be a month old soon!  People have been asking how we got her name and I thought this would make a great first post story.  After I found out I was pregnant and the first few weeks after when we began toss around names I began to have an interesting feeling about how we name children.  I started to feel like God was saying that He already had a name for our little baby (not knowing if we were having a boy or a girl) and that we just needed to be patient until He revealed what that name was.  It was as if I knew He was already calling the baby by name.  After we found out we were having a girl we started narrowing the name options but nothing that we had previously liked seemed to be the right choice. I was looking at baby names online and came across "Callie" which means "Most Beautiful" in Greek.  Something about it jumped out to me and I really felt that God was saying that was her name.  Later we found out that Callie in Hebrew means "Fortress" and "Guarded of God" which resonated so clearly in my heart.  I knew this is what the Lord has been calling her even from her first moment of life!  During my pregnancy I ended up getting really sick and having pneumonia and having to stay in the hospital for 2 days.  Then at about 7 months pregnant I was bit by a brown recluse spider and had to be on some very powerful antibiotics.  Through all of these ups and downs and medications our little girl was completely unaffected! She truly was/is guarded by God!!
   Her middle name, Lake, is for 2 reasons.  Partly she is named after one of my husband and my heroes of the faith, John G. Lake.  He was a mighty man of God with an unbelievable healing anointing as well as so many other supernatural gifts!  Reading his sermons has ignited a move of God in our lives that is revolutionary and unique and so profound...you should look him up!  The other part to her name comes from our feeling that she will be a woman with deep deep wells in the Lord.  My husband felt so clearly from the Lord that she will have a deep connection with the Lord and he loved the idea of how a lake is naturally so deep.  We are so excited to watch her grow up and grow in her faith!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment